Monday 5 August 2013

Guest of the Day: Mentality Nail Polish

Hey all! This is Hillary from Mentality Nail Polish. I am thrilled to be writing for you all today as a guest blogger. Thank you all for reading and Teen Polish Junkie for having me! 

I would like to show you all how to do a saran-wrap or plastic-wrap manicure. Just about any piece of plastic film will do. The final image was posted to our Facebook page, but I took pictures of the steps especially to present a how-to for this blog. I hope you love it as much as I did.

Originally a challenge from the stamping group that I am, I had never used the saran technique before this one. There was fun learning curve for me, but it was really easy to do. I have used this technique several times since completing this one, but I don’t think I have done it any better than the first time. That said, I don’t know if you can really get this wrong. You’re kind of trying to make a bit of a mess. Just go with it and clean up at the end. 

I started with a base of Hero. 

I then painted one coat of Sailor over the base of one nail. I scrunched up a piece of grocery store bag and dabbed it to the wet paint to pick up part of the layer of Sailor. I have since used plastic wrap with success, but my favorite material is bubble wrap to get the most even results without messing up the base color.
 
I top coated the layers to seal the colors and have an even surface. I love how the matte polishes change with a glossy top coat.


This is an angled picture so that I could try to get an image of the purple flash in Sailor. The clear coat gives depth to the paint.
I used Cheeky Jumbo plate C and Pilot to stamp with. I used just the edge of the image for the stamp. I often find that just part of an image might work with one manicure, while another part of the image would work in another manicure. Experiment and have fun.


Pilot is another matte polish, so I used another coat of Top Coat to make it really pop. The layers of gloss brought out the shimmer in all three of the blues.
 
I am now a big fan of the plastic-wrap manicure. It’s really easy and loads of fun tearing up a layer of paint on a manicure. What do you think? Have you tried a manicure like this? 

Thank you Hillary for such an amazing post! Keep in touch with Mentality Nail Polish via the Facebook Fanpage & purchase her polishes from http://www.mentalitynailpolish.bigcartel.com/

Peace & Love,
--TPJ<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment