Thursday 14 March 2013

Darling Diva Polish - Back In Black Collection Swatches & Review

Good afternoon guys and gals! Today I have one of Darling Diva Polish's new collections to show you called Back In Black. This collection is inspired by songs by AC/DC and all of the polishes in this collection are black jelly based, but each with a twist!
Just so I don't sound repetitive throughout the post, each of the swatches to come is 3 coats worn alone although it can be opaque in 2 or worn over a black polish. All of the polishes applied beautifully and there was no need to fish around for glitter and no special application was needed. I would recommend waiting a minute or two between coats so the overall dry time will be shorter.

First up is T.N.T. which consists of a golden-green to a golden-red micro glitter in a black jelly base. At first glance I thought "Mehh this looks pretty plain", but I don't know why I EVER doubt any polish Carrie makes because they're always amazing. It is super sparkly, and the color changing micro glitter is very apparent (I hope my swatches do it justice)! It's a nice subtle look for anyone who wants a little bling on their nails without it being too distracting.
The next polish is called What You Do For Money Honey which consists of gold to green to blue micro glitter in a black jelly base. I hope you can see the color changing in these photos as well because it is truly breathtaking!
 Next is Crabsody In Blue which consists of a deep purple to blue micro glitter in a black jelly base. No matter how hard I tried, I could NOT capture the purple which left me frustrated, but believe me it is beautiful. When I see this polish I think of deep dark space, so much depth in this polish.
Thunderstruck is up next and it consists of silver holographic hexagonal and square glitters of different sizes in a black jelly base. The way the holo still shines through even when "jelly sandwiched" amazes me, I like!
Next up is Dirty Deeds which consists of purple hexagonal and square glitters of various sizes and shades of purple in a black jelly base. I swear I heard birds singing when I saw this polish, it was instantly one of my favorites because of my obsession with the color purple. This is a total glitter bomb polish, but was surprisingly easy to work with.
Lastly is Highway To Hell. You didn't think she would create an AC/DC inspired collection without a polish named this now would you?! Highway To Hell consists of bright red hexagonal and square glitters in a black jelly base. This polish truly left me speechless, my first thought when swatching it was "ERMAHGERD!!!!". This polish needs no explanation, just buy it LOL!
I love the concept behind this entire collection. You see a lot of indie companies with white jelly polishes with glitter in them, but it is kind of refreshing and unique seeing glitters in a black jelly base. My favorite 3 of the collection are definitely Highway To Hell, Dirty Deeds, and Crabsody In Blue.

Darling Diva Polish's etsy shop is currently on vacation mode, but when they re-open in a couple of weeks I believe they will be available for purchase at a cost of $8.00 a bottle here. But if you can't wait to get your hands on these beauties, the entire collection is available at Llarowe at a cost of $10.00 a bottle. Don't forget to check out Darling Diva Polish's Facebook fanpage found here also for sneak peeks, updates, and deals!

Peace & Love,
--TPJ<3
 



*Products sent for my honest review*

9 comments:

  1. You said it: "ERMAHGERD!!!!"
    I. NEED. THESE. NEED I tell you!
    I love AC/DC, I love polish, I love dark based glitters, I love Darling Diva! This is perfect! Thanks for great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highway To Hell truly made my eyes go O_O!! Love the collection!! They're all gorgeous shades :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bright red glitter truly is attention grabbing, I love it!

      Delete
  3. I need those becasue of the names! And they are great colors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous on you and thanks so much for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All look so amazing! I love them all :)

    ReplyDelete