Friday 8 March 2013

Smitten Polish - Swatches & Review

Good afternoon everyone! Today I have 4 beautiful polishes from the indie brand Smitten Polish to show you, 3 of which are from her Wickedly Smitten collection.

The three polishes from the Wickedly Smitten collection that I received from left to right are I Feel... Wicked, Traveling By Bubble, and Pink Goes Good With Green. The last polish I received is called Nerds Redux which is a reformulated version of a polish she used to carry called Nerds!


Just so I don't sound repetitive during this post, all swatches are 3 coats worn alone topped off with Gelous top coat, but opaqueness can be reached in only 2 coats.

"This polish is inspired by Elphaba, aka the Wicked Witch of the West, in all her green glory. Green jelly base with several sizes and shapes of green and purple glitter, including some green holographic glitters". I was skeptical about this polish at first because it's green, but once I put it on all I could say was ERMAHGERD! The amount of sparkle in this polish is BANANAS and it applied very easily for a polish packed with glitter.

"This polish is inspired by Glinda's preferred mode of travel, the bubble. In the musical Wicked, Glinda's dress is blue rather than pink, but I wanted to have some pink in there as a nod to the movie version of Glinda as well. Pink and blue circle glitter, along with a bit of small pink and blue hex glitter, in a milky blue base with a touch of blue shimmer". I love this combination of colors, has a nice, soft baby feel to it. Also applied very easily and dried quickly
"Pink Goes Good with Green! is inspired by the part in the musical Wicked where Galinda decides to make Elphaba her pet project and teach her to be popular. One of the things she does is put a pink flower in Elphaba's hair and exclaim, "Oooh! Pink goes good with green!" Pink Goes Good with Green! is several shapes sizes of light green and light pink glitters suspended in a milky green base". I must say that I agree with the name of this polish 100% and really hope more polish makers put these two colors together in a polish! The pink really stands out against this shade of green, and the lighter green glitters within the polish really pop.

 Lastly is Nerds! Redux which consists of light blue holographic hexagonal glitters and fuchsia hexagonal glitters in a light purple base. This surprisingly applied beautifully as well even though it is packed with glitters. Also another color combination I enjoy.

Smitten Polish sells for $9.00 and can be purchased from her etsy shop found here. Don't forget to check out her Facebook fanpage found here also for sneak peeks, updates, and deals!

Peace & Love,
--TPJ<3
 


*Products sent for my honest review*

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the third one! It's so pretty and perfect for spring!

    http://vscupcakecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to try this brand! Great photos and I agree as a sorority girl, pink does go great with green! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you'd really love this brand, the quality is amazing!

      Delete