Saturday 30 March 2013

Nubar - My Sweet Escape collection + Nail art Swatches & Review

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend! Today I have a couple of Nubar products to show you including 2 polishes from their new My Sweet Escape collection.
First up is Resort Yellow which is a bright lemon yellow creme polish. I think this may be my most favorite yellow EVER, it is super pigmented & although it was somewhat streaky on the first coat, it was completely opaque on the second. Below is 2 coats worn alone.

Next up is From Dusk till Dawn, well at least it's supposed to be. My bottle is labelled "Dusk Till Dawn" rather than "From Dusk till Dawn" and looks nothing like the version that is available for purchase which is a royal blue color from swatches I have seen. I think I may have accidentally received one of the bottles they made during the testing stages, but I thought I'd show you anyways because the color is really pretty :).  My version looks like a cross between Into The Wild & My New Obsession that is also from the My Sweet Escape collection and applied beautifully in 2 coats.

**Update: I have been informed that I in fact have the right polish, and that the one I saw was the preliminary photos for My New Obsession :)**

The next product I have to show you is Nubar's nail art pen in the color Mint Frost. This nail art pen also doubles as a striper, and the pen is so tiny that you can do lots of detailing & letter writing without any hassle. I attempted a leopard manicure using this pen along with the 2 colors shown above!

The last item I have to show you is the Silver Glitter Nail Art Striping Brush by Nubar. I created the design below using Dusk Till Dawn, Mint Frost, and the Silver Glitter striper. I personally think the glitter is too big and the glitter to base ratio is off, and by this I mean you have to go over the same line over and over again to get some definition.
I love the pigmentation that Nubar polishes have and the formula is amazing! I personally don't think that the plain striping brush is anything special, unless you are someone who only buys 3-free polishes (although I'm pretty sure there are cheaper ones). However, I really do love the nail art pens! It's cool that it doubles as a striper, but I really love how fine the pen is compared to the others on the market. Also, I will be reviewing one of Nubar's top coats soon & am currently testing the "wear" of it so stay tuned for that!

Nubar products can be bought directly from their website www.bynubar.com or from online stores such as www.nailpolishcanada.com

Peace & Love,
--TPJ<3
*Products sent for my honest review*

1 comment:

  1. i just bought the sweet escape collection on ebay. the colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete